Barry McWilliams' Mission to Uganda: Prayer Page
I would be doing teaching and preaching ministry in several conferences in Uganda as part of a team going from University Presbyterian Church in Las Cruces, NM. Some of the team, John Picket (UPC's pastor), Brad Bailey, Di , and Randy McMillan, and Don MacDonald will be working with the Presbyterian Church in Uganda assisting a church plant with door-to-door, park and crusade evangelism in Hoima. Tom Graham and I will join the team in Kunungu when we arrive for pastors' and youth conferences celebrating the 10 year Anniversary of Kinkiizi Diocese, where I ministered in 2003. The next week be a trip to Rwanda. Part of the team from New Mexico will be returning home on the 9th, the rest of us will be going to Nebbi in Northwestern Uganda for a Pastor's Conference. We will have a day of rest in Kampala before leaving for home on May 18th. Given the distances and rough road conditions between our various places of ministry, it will take a full day of travel between each one. We will be going into Uganda with the assistance of Africa Christian Training Institute (ACTI).
The arrangements and itinerary will be arranged with the Ugandan Field Director, Rashid Luzwa.
- February 6th - Put together a Bibliography on Mercy Ministry and posted it on my web site. Ordered some materials for Study.)
- February 18th - Tom Graham, fellow elder in the Northwest will also be going on his third trip to Uganda with us. I provided him with some support raising materials. Pray for our unity and mutual encouragement.
- February 28th - I have now gotten six books on Mercy Ministry - aimed mainly to urban situations. Pray that I might get into my study and preparations for talks. (See my Bibliography for more)
- March 4th - I am sending out packets to three churches - pray that they might be responsive to them and encourage people to support the team. Pray that the letters I will be writing this next week will also be favorably received. I have also approached the mission committee of Green Lake Presbyterian, where I worship about putting up a display. They are sending a team to Malawi in September.
- March 7th - Rigft after mailing out a lot of fund raising material - I got a call with a change in the dates and itinerary for my Uganda Trip. I am excited about going to Kinkiizi after all.
- March 20th - I now have my tickets in hand for the Flight to and from Entebbe. Leaving Saturday, April 30th at 8:45 AM through Chicago and London to Entebbe. Returning May19th at 6:35 PM after flights through Brussels and Chicago to Seattle.
- April 1st Our itinerary is pretty much set. The Team will include: John Pickett; Di, Brad and Randy from New Mexico; Don MacDonald from Oklahoma; Tom Graham and myself from Washington State. Arrangements have been made for a pastors' conference in Nebbi in Northwestern Uganda - another exciting opportunity to train men for work farther North. I am still concerned about having enough support, having benevolent items to take along, and getting my teaching materials together.
- April 5th Some changes to the teams' itineraries became necessary because of the difficulties of travel. So I will now go to Kampala instead of Rwanda; and Don and I can get to Nebbi for a conference on the 12th. John and Tom will follow on the 13th. There is an immediate need for the teams' support monies to come in ASAP to pay for plane tickets; and the conference expenses ($12000) for Hoima, Kinkiizi and Nebbi.
- April 21st My support is on its way to Las Cruces! I was particularly struck by the $526.26 raised by children during one of my Wanted! VBS programs at Sullivan First Christian Church in Sullivan, Indiana - mostly in coins! It combined with a gift from their mission committee enabled me to reach my goal!
I am now very busy, preparing for the trip - getting my notes and study materials together; gathering benevolent items; soon starting packing. I am looking forwards to a bunch of soccer balls from Green Lake PC and the "Foundations of Missions" booklets by Linleigh Roberts that Biblical Foundations Inc is providing.
As we prepare for the mission, Please pray. . .
- For setting the dates and making the necessary arrangements for the conferences.
- For the gathering and equipping of the team - Tom Graham, my brother from Chapel Hill, is going, and Don MacDonald who went with me in 2003 will be going as well.
- For the continued building up of the support teams - praise the Lord for those who have committed themselves to pray, and for the support already given.
- For our individual preparations and my study and talks preparations.
- For God's enablement: support, visas, and all necessary monies for our team in going to Uganda.
(Please Print this out and use it --- --- Bookmark and check back for Updates)
As we enter the country, Pray daily in May for . . .
- for physical stamina for all involved - ability to go the extra mile
- for steadfast commitment of each team to giving their all for Jesus Christ
- for boldness for our teams to reach out and extend themselves in love
- for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit's leading
- for peace of mind - trusting in the sovereignty of God in trials
- for discretion from God in areas of personal conduct
- for love and compassion for the lost
- That the Holy Spirit will bring those He is calling to attend these conferences and will open their hearts to receive the seed of the Good News
- for awareness of the spiritual warfare around them
- for willingness to pray earnestly
- for safety in travel and health as we minister in Uganda
- for defeat of all of Satan's opposition to the team in every area of attack
- for creativity in our teaching skills
- That we might be an encouragement to those who live and labor for Jesus in Uganda
- And uphold our wives and loved ones at home while we are gone - and mostly out of touch!
Please Click for Barry McWilliams' Mission to Uganda or for a Prayer Response Form
or an ACTI Bulletin Insert or Brochure: How to Pray for Missionaries (pdf files require the Acrobat Reader)
Uganda Mission - May 2005, for more Ugandan links see my Uganlink page
Africa Christian Training Institute It's Short Term Missions Guide and Links
Reconciliation Ministries - Uganda Page
You are viewing: http://www.eldrbarry.net/ug/ugpray05.htm
-- To Eldrbarry's Home Page