Barry McWilliams' Mission to Uganda: Prayer Page
We will be doing eighteen Days of Teaching and Preaching Ministry in several Pastor's Conferences in Uganda as part of a team led by Pastor John Pickett of Las Cruces, New Mexico. We will be going into Uganda with the assistance of Africa Christian Training Institute (ACTI). There will be ministry in Kampala, and in Kinkiizi ( pronounced "chin-cheesy," in SW Uganda) with the Church of Uganda of the Anglican Church, possibly some prison ministry, and possibly a new church planting effort in Hoima (in NW Uganda). We will finish up at Uganda Christian University at Mukono (E of Kampala)
Revised Itinerary (2/25)
- John Pickett, Team Leader (pastor, University Presbyterian Church, Las Cruces, Mew Mexico)
- Rashid Luswa (Uganda Director, ACTm)
- Barry McWilliams (Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church, Lake Stevens, Wa)
- Don MacDonald, a Navagators staffer, Tulsa, OK
- Terry Dawson - a layman, Tulsa, OK
- Tim Plinsky - a layman, Tulsa, OK
- The team will also include a couple from University Presbyterian who will be working on the school plant in Kinkizi district before we arrive
Please pray. . .
- March 2nd - I fly to Chicago and stay overnight with my brother in Madison, WI.
March 3rd Departure from Chicago through London, arriving in Entebbe at 8:50 AM on March 5th.
March 5th - 8th Arch Deacons Conference and ministry at Lwesa Conference Center, near Kampala: I will be teaching on stewardship.
March 9th-11th Diocese Lay Leader's Conference at Mukono. Topics not yet determined School Ministry
March 12th - Travel to Kinkiizi district
March 13th - 16th Diocese Lay Leader's Conference in Kinkiizi - Conference theme: "Walking in Christ" - school and prison ministry
(Part of the team will be going on a fact finding trip to Kigali, Rwanda)
March 17th - Travel to Hoima
March 18th - 20th - Ministry in Hoima - An Anglican Conference for Lay Leaders - as well as some church planting activity with the Presbyterians.
March 20th Travel to Kampala
March 21st - Leaving for London 10:25 AM, March 22nd - Overnight there, then Travel back to Chicago (11:15 AM) and then Seattle.
- For setting the dates and making the necessary arrangements for the conferences.
- For the gathering and equipping of the team
- For the continued building up of the support teams - praise the Lord for those who have committed themselves to pray, and for the $3,200 in support already given, over $1,400 since 2/15!! Praise the Lord that sufficient funds have been given to cover the team's ministry expenses!!
- For individual preparations
- For God's enablement: support, visas, and for the support team in Uganda.
(Please Print this out and use it --- --- Bookmark and check back for Updates)
Pray daily for . . .
- for physical stamina for all involved - ability to go the extra mile
- for steadfast commitment of each team to giving their all for Jesus Christ
- for boldness for our teams to reach out and extend themselves in love
- for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit's leading
- for peace of mind - trusting in the sovereignty of God in trials
- for discretion from God in areas of personal conduct
- for love and compassion for the lost
- That the Holy Spirit will bring those He is calling to attend these conferences and will open their hearts to receive the seed of the Good News
- for awareness of the spiritual warfare around them
- for willingness to pray earnestly
- for safety in travel and health as we minister in Uganda
- That the possible conflict in Iraq, other international tensions, and rebel activity in Congo and Kenya will not interfere with our travel and ministry plans
- for defeat of all of Satan's opposition to the team in every area of attack
- for creativity in teaching skills
- That we might be an encouragement to those who live and labor for Jesus in Uganda
Please Click for Barry McWilliams' Mission to Uganda or for a Prayer Response Form
or an ACTI Bulletin Insert or Brochure: How to Pray for Missionaries (pdf files require the Acrobat Reader)
Uganda Mission - Spring 2003, for more Ugandan links see my Uganlink page
Africa Christian Training Institute It's Short Term Missions Guide and Links
Reconciliation Ministries - Uganda Page
You are viewing: http://www.eldrbarry.net/ug/ugan2003.htm
-- To Eldrbarry's Home Page