On Line Resources for Church Mission Committees
Eldrbarry's Missions Booklists
Mission to the World (Presbyterian Church in America) Click on the menus -> Resources -> Equipping Your Church -> Resources: offers a lot of articles in pdf format including articles on developing a congregations' missions program.
A part of the material is a set of Four documents on developing a congregations' missions program: Laying the Foundation, Setting Your Sights, Setting the Pace and Reaching the Summit combined there is 128 pages of material. They also have an A diagnostic tool for churches to assess their world missions ministry
Mission to the World's Church Resourcing Department is led by Rev. Jack Beall. Each state in the U.S. and province in Canada, is represented by a Church Resourcing Representative. Your representative is available to your church to assist you in whatever need you may have. Whether you are a new church which desires to start a missions ministry or your church has an established global outreach ministry, we can help you through planning, mobilizing, and connecting you with global PCA church planting works. The above materials are available through the Church Resourcing, contact the office by email: CR@mtw.org or check their web site or other contact information.
JAM Article: Helping Mission Committies to Inform the Congregation and to Implement Their Oversight of Mission Efforts by Gaston Tarbet
Advancing Churches in Missions Commitment ACMC was a catalyst for missions mobilization with thousands of local churches across the U.S. In 2007 ACMC became a ministry of Pioneers, and in 2011, ACMC was retired, and its staff transitioned into other ministry roles, independently and with other organizations. Sadly a lot of valuable resources ae gone. They still have a downloadable Missions Assessment Profile (MAP) - a useful tool for accessing your congregations mission program.
Mercy and Development Ministry:
Other Missions Resources
- Evangelical Missions Quarterly
published by the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College
- International bulletin of Missionary Research
published by the Overseas Ministries Studies Center
- The Missiology Homepage
- The Journal of Applied Missiology (abbreviated JAM) was a semi-annual publication of the ACU Missions Department, with issues in April and October from 1990 to 1996. Edited by Ed Mathews, it was produced in limited quantities for missions alumni, missionaries on the field, and missions professors at sister institutions. All back issues are on-line :
- Missiology is the quarterly journal of the American Society of Missiology. It began publication in 1973, continuing in the tradition of its predecessor Practical Anthropology. An one of the premier scholarly journals of mission studies, it is distinctively: • multi-disciplinary: including history, theology, anthropology, communication theory, religious encounter, ecumenics, methodology. • interconfessional: including works from Roman Catholic, conciliar, and conservative evangelical spheres. • practical: including not just theoretical reflection, but applied mission science. Among other items are some extensive bibliographies
- American Society of Missiology publishes Missiology: An International Review Archives: