Christian Marriage Books - Some suggestions
Teaching at Biola University and Talbot Theological Seminary, he founded and directs Christian Marriage Enrichment and Family Counselling and Enrichment in Santa Ana, California. He has authored many books on Marriage relationships including Communication: Key to your Marriage. -- article
Dr. Ed Wheat A family physician for decades, he is an authority on premarital and marital counseling. His wife, Gaye Wheat, has presented Christian Home seminars with her husband. Now retired, the Love-Life Marriage Seminars continue with Dr. Dow R. Pursley, a licensed, professional counselor with the Wheat Clinic in Springdale, Arkansas, and a ruling elder in the PCA.
Founder of Today's Family in Phoenix, AZ, teaches seminars throughout North America and is a popular guest speaker for conferences and radio and television programs. He is the coauthor of several books, including If Only He Knew, and (with Dr. John Trent) The Blessing and The Hidden Value of a Man. He is the author of Joy that Lasts, and of the tape series Love Is a Decision. Gary and his wife, Norma, live in Phoenix. They have a daughter and two sons.
- Love Life for Every Married Couple by Ed Wheat (Amazon Price:$5.39) Mass Market Paperback - 368 pages (December 1996) Zondervan Publishing House
- The First Years of Forever by Gloria Okes Perkins and Dr. Ed Wheat (Amazon Price $9.99) Paperback - Zondervan 192 Pages - A good marriage handbook for an engaged or newly wed couple.
- Intended for Pleasure by Ed Wheat, Gaye Wheat (Contributor) (Amazon Price:$15.29) Hardcover - 288 pages 3rd edition (April 1997) Fleming H Revell Co
- How to Save Your Marriage Alone by Ed Wheat (Amazon Price:$3.59) Mass Market Paperback - 62 pages (September 1983) Zondervan Publishing House (Two chapters from Love Life)
Article -- Interview
Tim LaHaye Founder and president of Family Life seminars, a national family
ministry that organizes seminars throughout the country. He was president and founder of Christian Heritage College and San Diego Unified Christian School System. His wife is active in Christian Politics. -- biography
- Act of Marriage, The by Tim F. LaHaye, Beverly LaHaye (Amazon Price:$6.29) Mass Market Paperback - 400 pages Updated edition (March 1, 1998) Zondervan Publishing House
- The Act of Marriage After 40 : Making Love for Life by Tim F. Lahaye, Beverly Lahaye, Mike Yorkey (Price information not yet available.) Hardcover (September 2000) Zondervan Publishing House (coming)
Clifford and Joyce Penner
A clinical psychologist and therapist, and his wife, a registered nurse; the Penners have a popular counselling and marriage seminar ministry. They have written a number of excellent manuals on sexual intimacy in marriage.
Dr. Larry Crabb, Ph.D.A well-known speaker, author of numerous best-selling
books including God of My Father, Finding God, and Men and Women, and
Distinguished Scholar-in-Residence at Colorado Christian University in Morrison.
He lives outside Denver. Dr. Dan Allender, Ph.D is professor of counseling at
Western Seminary in Seattle and the president and founder of Wounded Heart
Ministries. He maintains a private counseling practice in Seattle and is the author
of The Wounded Heart, Bold Love, Cry of the Soul, and Intimate Allies.
The founder and chief voice of Focus on the Family, this former professor of pediatrics and licensed psychologist has been a popular speaker on topics related to marriage and family life for many years. His books are particularly helpful to parents in dealing with their children.