Eldrbarry's Shed, Garden, and Secret Ambitions:
My Wordshop and Gardening Links
The Fence and Raised Garden Beds
- Barry and Bruno's Shed (Fall 2008)
- Added workbench, window, deck, Interior organization
- Shed Projects still needed: Insulation, Storage Shelves, Gutters on the sides.
- Barry's Fence (Spring 2009) (Pictures coming)
- Additions to be added - Gate on North side of house; fence and gate on south side
- Evolution of Eldrbarry's Garden Beds - Garden pictures over the years (coming)
- Redoing the Garden (2009, 2010)
- 2009 Redid my raised beds and adding a bed for kitchen herbs.
- Built perennial bed on South side.
- 2010 Vertical Garden Structures - Bean and Tomato Trellises
Edging on west side of herb bed - small wire fence
Planted a Herb Garden (June 2010) and attempting a Vegetable garden
Building up the garden soil with compost, etc (Fall 2010)
- Adding a cold frame (Fall 2010) and possibly a Cloche bed in the garden to extend our season.
- Fall / Winter 2010 - City replaced sewers in street, impacting our parking strips Thought I got a walk from the sidewalk to the street added.
- 2011 was a sad gardening year due to cool and wet conditions. the garden was planted late and the tomatoes produced very little. My cold frame suffered a couple of broken panes and didn't get used in the fall as hoped.
2010 was the Summer of Projects - Inspired and aided by Bruno, my Son-in_law, and Mark, a young man from Hungary staying with us for 6 weeks ....
- Replaced the lower half of our stairs - widening the opening halfway up (June 2010) - replaced the railing (August)
- Papered, Painted and added shelves to Game Closet underneath (July).
- Pressure washed and stained the deck and Front Porch (June) Painted the lattice around the porch and railings.
- Removed the overgrown Quince by the bay window.(June)
- Put in a New Back Door (July)
- Built shelves in the shed (July)
- Painted the trim (Windows, Porch, Eaves, Front Door) on our house (July, August)
- Repaired our chimney (August)
- Fenced off the gap between the shed and the neighbor's garage - a popular homeless hangout (August)
- Painted and adding shelving for a pantry in the kitchen closet. (August)
- Built a cold frame on South Side under Kitchen Window (August).
- Added lights and switches to Game Closet and Pantry closet, and put up a new Porch Light fixture. (September)
- Marianne made lace curtains for windows in Living rooms, dining room, and Frog room. Still need blinds for TV Room. (September)
- Build two 4 x 4 boxes to use as raised garden beds on the North side of back yard along the fence, from scrap lumber.